Definition of Arab in English:
1A member of a Semitic people, originally from the Arabian peninsula and neighboring territories, inhabiting much of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Henceforth, he insisted that he was Emperor not only of the French but also of the North African Arabs.
- Trans-Sahara trade with North Africans and Arabs began to transform these northern societies greatly.
- Nearly 300,000 North African Arabs, for example, fought in the ranks of the Free French.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Arabia and the people of Arabia: Arab countries
More example sentences
- But, caught on the continent's horn, it isn't of Africa - it is neither Arab north nor Bantu south.
- In other words, seven-eighths of ancient Palestine now makes up Arab states, predominantly Jordan and Syria.
- The main markets were in Germany, Austria, Italy, France, the US and Arab countries.
Words that rhyme with Arabcarob, scarab, Shatt al-Arab
Definition of Arab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan