Definition of Arabian camel in English:
The domesticated one-humped camel, probably native to the deserts of North Africa and southwestern Asia. See also dromedary.
- Camelus dromedarius, family Camelidae
- The camel species that lives today in the Middle East and North Africa is the Arabian camel, which is thought to have been domesticated thousands of years ago.
- Those 13, (and let me see if I can remember them), those 13 valuable wild mammals were the cow, sheep, goat, horse, pig, the reindeer, donkey, Arabian camel, Asian camel, water buffalo, yak, gaur and Bali cattle.
- The one-humped Arabian camel, C. dromedarius, is also known as the dromedary.
Definition of Arabian camel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan