- The domesticated one-humped camel, probably native to the deserts of North Africa and southwestern Asia. See also dromedary.
More example sentences
- Camelus dromedarius, family Camelidae
- The camel species that lives today in the Middle East and North Africa is the Arabian camel, which is thought to have been domesticated thousands of years ago.
- Those 13, (and let me see if I can remember them), those 13 valuable wild mammals were the cow, sheep, goat, horse, pig, the reindeer, donkey, Arabian camel, Asian camel, water buffalo, yak, gaur and Bali cattle.
- The one-humped Arabian camel, C. dromedarius, is also known as the dromedary.
More definitions of Arabian camelDefinition of Arabian camel in:
- The British & World English dictionary