- Each of a set of Hindu sacred treatises based on the Brahmanas, composed in Sanskrit circa 700 bc. Intended only for initiates, the Aranyakas contain mystical and philosophical material and explications of esoteric rites.More example sentences
- Upanishads are found in Aranyaka portion of the Veda.
- Into these lineages were incorporated Brahmana and Aranyaka texts, which contained ideas on the nature of the sacrifice and of internalizing the sacrifice.
- The Aranyaka section of the Taittiriya Upanishad describes one goddess Durga who is resplendent like the raging fire.
More definitions of AranyakaDefinition of Aranyaka in:
- The British & World English dictionary