Definition of Arctic hare in English:
A hare whose coat turns white in winter, found in the arctic areas of North America.
- Lepus arcticus, family Leporidae
- ‘Arctic hares appear unusually unwary or ‘tame’, ‘notes A W F Banfield in his classic work, The Mammals of Canada.’
- The Arctic hare inhabits the tundra regions of Canada from Newfoundland west to the Mackenzie River Delta and north to the tip of Ellesmere Island.
- The most important adaptations of the Arctic hare are its keen eyesight, acute hearing, and speed.
Definition of Arctic hare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.