(also arctic willow)
- A shrub, Salix arctica, found in the Canadian tundra.More example sentences
- It is possible that they nested also in this country ten thousand and more years ago, when ice ages affected Britain and dwarf Arctic willows flourished here in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- In her wall hangings, Avaalaaqiaq often uses a distinct branching chain stitch that resembles the twigs of the Arctic willow.
- Miniature forests of Arctic willow live in the tundra and rarely get over a few inches in height.
More definitions of Arctic willowDefinition of Arctic willow in:
- The British & World English dictionary