- A diagram on which complex numbers are represented geometrically using Cartesian axes, the horizontal coordinate representing the real part of the number and the vertical coordinate the complex part.More example sentences
- Of course it is not unreasonable to call the geometrical interpretation of complex numbers the Argand diagram since it was Argand's work which was influential.
- We can plot a complex function on an Argand diagram, that is, a function whose values are complex numbers.
- In this paper he interpreted i as a rotation of the plane through 90 so giving rise to the Argand plane or Argand diagram as a geometrical representation of complex numbers.
early 20th century: named after J. R. Argand (1768–1822), French mathematician.
More definitions of Argand diagramDefinition of Argand diagram in:
- The British & World English dictionary