Definition of Argentina in English:
- Example sentences
- Whereas the Brazilians barbecue their meat in a turning oven, the Argentines grill it on an up-and-down-moving steel gridiron above charcoal.
- In 1952, two young Argentines, Ernesto Guevara and Alberto Granado, set out on a road trip to discover the real Latin America.
- The razor backed spine of the Andes dramatically punctures the Argentine landscape.
- Example sentences
- The world's southernmost ski area, just beyond the fringes of Ushuaia, is so far off the grid that most Argentinians still don't know it exists.
- I could understand some things pretty well (and Ecuadorians speak quite slowly, not like the Cubans or Argentinians at the workshop), but it was still challenging.
- In 1952, two young Argentinians, Ernesto Guevara and Alberto Granado, set out on a road trip on their battered motorbike to discover South America.
Pronunciation: /ˈärjənˌtēn, -ˌtīn/adjective& noun
Pronunciation: /-ˈtinēən/adjective& noun
Words that rhyme with ArgentinaAdelina, Angelina, arena, ballerina, Ballymena, Bettina, Bukovina, Burkina, cantina, Cartagena, casuarina, catena, Christina, cleaner, concertina, congener, contravener, convener, Cortina, demeanour (US demeanor), deus ex machina, duodena, Edwina, Ena, farina, Filipina, galena, Georgina, Gina, gleaner, hyena, Ina, intervener, kachina, kina, Magdalena, marina, Martina, Medina, Messalina, Messina, misdemeanour (US misdemeanor), Nina, novena, ocarina, Palestrina, Pasadena, Philomena, piscina, retsina, Rowena, Sabrina, scarlatina, screener, Selina, semolina, Seraphina, Serena, Sheena, signorina, sonatina, subpoena, Taormina, tsarina, verbena, vina, weaner, Wilhelmina, Zena
Definition of Argentina in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia