- A legendary king of Britain, historically perhaps a 5th- or 6th-century Romano-British chieftain or general. Stories of his life, the exploits of his knights, and the Round Table of the court at Camelot were developed by Malory, Chrétien de Troyes, and other medieval writers and became the subject of many legends.
- More example sentences
- I believe that Arthurian myth is very heavily connected with the spiritual forces connected to Britain because of the investments we've made in the myth.
- Sir Gawain is Arthur's nephew and one of his chief knights, and many stories of Arthurian legend revolve around Gawain and his relationship to Arthur.
- It evokes images of Arthurian legend, Camelot and the Knights of the Round Table.
More definitions of ArthurDefinition of Arthur in:
- The British & World English dictionary