Definition of Asian American in English:
An American who is of Asian (chiefly East Asian) descent.
- The ethnic heritages of European Americans, Asian Americans, and African Americans are totally different.
- African Americans, Asian Americans, and Hispanics have a disproportionate burden for cancer deaths compared to the white population.
- When we use terms such as African American, Latinos, Asian Americans, and Native Americans, we uppercase those terms.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Asian Americans.
- Right now, though, there is a subterranean wave of Asian-American films, particularly documentaries, which can be detected at gatherings like the Asian-American film festival here last month.
- This tale of privileged Asian-American high schoolers whose studious, overachieving image serves as a cover for criminal activity drew criticism for the bleakly amoral light it throws on its subjects.
- Although she was drawn to New York because of its large Chinese population, Mah is cultivating a reputation as a designer with a New York style, rather than as an Asian-American designer.
Definition of Asian American in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.