- A diet high in protein and fat and low in carbohydrates, prescribed for weight loss.More example sentences
- Does this mean that low-carb, high-protein diets like the Atkins diet are ideal for diabetics?
- The Atkins diet cuts out carbohydrates and boosts consumption of protein without having to avoid fatty foods.
- Then there's the Atkins diet, which is one of many that advocates a higher protein, lower carbohydrate menu plan.
1972: after its originator, cardiologist Dr. Robert C. Atkins (1930–2003) and his book Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution (1972).
More definitions of Atkins dietDefinition of Atkins diet in:
- The British & World English dictionary