Belief in or support for a close relationship between western Europe and the US, or particularly for NATO.
More example sentences
- Countries that share the United Kingdom's Atlanticism and market-oriented approach to economics would also think twice before ostracizing the British.
- Instead of the dreaded Anglo-Saxon Atlanticism, we were to have a French-driven European superpower challenge to the USA.
- Above all, Blair had always tempered any enthusiasm for Europe with a strong military Atlanticism, rejecting any idea of a European army.
- More example sentences
- Whilst Cooper doesn't show any hint of Euroscepticism and is faithful to the party line, it is plain that the influences on her political thought are very much Atlanticist.
- I am an American and an Atlanticist who believes in the U.N. and in NATO.
- Fischer, a convinced Atlanticist, vigorously objects to posing Europe against the United States.
More definitions of AtlanticismDefinition of Atlanticism in:
- The British & World English dictionary