- A white wine of German origin or style made from selected bunches of grapes picked later than the general harvest.More example sentences
- In the table wine category, in increasing order of weight/alcohol and sugar, these are: Kabinett, Spatlese and Auslese, with the last category made up largely of wines which are a bit too sweet to serve with dinner.
- Well, I probably shouldn't be, as there were some items on the wine label that let me know that this wine had some potential… Auslese, for example, is a good sign for me, as I like my Rieslings a tad sweet.
- Please bring back the 2003 Auslese Riesling from Germany.
from German, from aus 'out' + Lese 'picking, vintage'.
More definitions of AusleseDefinition of Auslese in:
- The British & World English dictionary