- The sacred writings of Zoroastrianism, compiled in the 4th century ad.More example sentences
- The major tenets of the faith were put forth in a book called the Avesta.
- In the Zoroastrian Avesta, a mountain called Hara stands at the center of the world.
- Hinduism developed from the Vedic tradition in India and Zoroastrianism out of the early Aryan religion and mythology expressed eventually in the Avesta in Iran.
More definitions of AvestaDefinition of Avesta in:
- The British & World English dictionary