Definition of Ayurveda in English:
The traditional Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing.
- The efficacy of traditional systems such as Ayurveda, Siddha and Yoga is well-known.
- He has studied in England and India where he trained under a traditional master of Ayurveda and Yoga.
- It uses innovations in modern medicine as well as traditional Indian healing methods such as Ayurveda, naturopathy and Yoga.
- Example sentences
- Carl is a qualified Ayurvedic consultant, Yoga teacher, clinical hypnotherapist and life coach.
- On another trip to India I met with several Ayurvedic doctors and heads of prominent Ayurvedic pharmacies.
- I once asked the head of an Ayurvedic company in Bombay what he thought the most valuable Ayurvedic herb was.
From Sanskrit āyus 'life' + veda 'science'.
Definition of Ayurveda in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.