- A short-coated sheep with a long neck ruff, found in the high deserts of northern Africa. Also called aoudad.
More example sentences
- Ammotragus lervia, family Bovidae
- A lone cheetah, a lone tiger and an African lion and a couple of lionesses are no more exciting than small herds of kangaroo, deer, giraffe or Barbary sheep.
- I became interested in exotic animals - things such as orangutans and Barbary sheep, or aoudads.
- A Barbary sheep with a badly overgrown hoof was also seen by Minett, the affected foot ‘clearly causing it intense pain’.
More definitions of Barbary sheepDefinition of Barbary sheep in:
- The British & World English dictionary