Definition of Barbary sheep in English:
A short-coated sheep with a long neck ruff, found in the high deserts of northern Africa. Also called aoudad.
- Ammotragus lervia, family Bovidae
- A lone cheetah, a lone tiger and an African lion and a couple of lionesses are no more exciting than small herds of kangaroo, deer, giraffe or Barbary sheep.
- I became interested in exotic animals - things such as orangutans and Barbary sheep, or aoudads.
- A Barbary sheep with a badly overgrown hoof was also seen by Minett, the affected foot ‘clearly causing it intense pain’.
Definition of Barbary sheep in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan