- A kind of embroidery, typically worked on upholstery fabrics, in stitch patterns suggestive of flames. Also called flame stitch.More example sentences
- The Bargello Stitch, also called the Florentine Stitch and the Flame Stitch, is a simple stitch to sew, but is used in a vast array of color patterns that have been used for centuries on chair seats, pillows, etc.
- The Bargello stitch was also a popular canvaswork style since the Renaissance era until the early XVIIth century.
- I really enjoy Bargello stitching but up to now have always used canvas and wool threads.
1940s: named after Bargello Palace, in Florence, Italy, which contains upholstered chairs with such embroidery.
More definitions of BargelloDefinition of Bargello in:
- The British & World English dictionary