- A tough woven fabric having prominent ridges, similar to corduroy.More example sentences
- A slight Bedford cord adds texture and class, while some nylon gives these shorts a shot of durability and quick-dry ability.
- These reproductions, copied from an original example, are made from Bedford cord.
- Keep out the cold with our Bedford Cord Jacket featuring a fleece lining, shirt collar and decorative chest pocket.
late 19th century: named after the town of Bedford, England.
More definitions of Bedford cordDefinition of Bedford cord in:
- The British & World English dictionary