Definition of Betacam in English:
1A high quality format for video cameras and recorders.
- The version shown at this screening was on three Betacam cassettes.
- We shot on Betacam video, which was the professional format at that time, but it's not nearly as compatible as hi-def or Digibeta or things like that today.
- The final movie file is transferred to directly to VHS (or if you have access a high band tape format such as Betacam or S-VHS).
1.1A camera using the Betacam format.
- The Odyssey entourage added to the mess with four surfers, two boats, four cameramen, two lifeguards, an emergency-room doctor, and a plane equipped with a gyro-stabilized Betacam.
- We had little cameras, so different from the big Betacam, or over-the-shoulder cameras that can really be intimidating and official.
- As she noticed the glimmering red light of the Betacam camera, Neelima's hand unconsciously went up to pat her hair into place.
Definition of Betacam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan