Definition of Bosnian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of the Balkan country Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- It is no surprise because Bosnia-Herzegovina is a patchwork of Christian and Muslim, Croat, Serb, and Bosnian, Orthodox and Catholic.
- Sokolov tried a slightly different line than the one he played against Short, but once again the Bosnian drew a blank.
- Danis Tanovic, a Bosnian, wrote and directed the film.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Bosnia and Herzegovina, its people, or their language.
- That day a large group of village people gathered around a long picnic table eating barbecued lamb and singing Bosnian folk songs helped along by a drink not unlike poteen.
- Set during the Bosnian War, the film follows three soldiers - two Bosnian and one Serb - trapped together in a trench dug between enemy lines.
- In 1998, I became a Bosnian citizen.
Definition of Bosnian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.