Definition of Boston ivy in English:
A Virginia creeper with three-lobed leaves, cultivated for its foliage.
- Parthenocissus tricuspidata, family Vitaceae
- Wisteria and clematis vines cover the arbors, while Boston ivy and trumpet vines link the two levels.
- Climbers with clinging rootlets along the stems (climbing hydrangea, English ivy, creeping fig) or disc-shaped holdfasts (Virginia creeper, Boston ivy) can damage old, crumbly mortar or loose stucco.
- About half a century ago, a tiny Boston ivy appeared in the dusty space below the neighboring home and began to climb and proliferate.
Definition of Boston ivy in:
- British & World English dictionary