trademark A drug prepared from the bacterial toxin botulin, used medically to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing facial muscles.
More example sentences
- Some physicians are using Botox to treat facial wrinkles that aren't caused by frowning.
- Introduced here in 1994, Botox is injected to paralyse the muscles in the forehead, round the eyes or in the neck.
- The Botox gets rid of wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that contract and crease the skin.
1990s: from bo(tulinum) tox(in).
- More example sentences
- Some people love the facelift for such touches as the swirling tile time line that portrays the town's history, while others feel that their beach town has been Botoxed.
- The brow may be Botoxed, but the spirit is unbowed.
- Maybe I can get Botoxed or have my lips injected or something.
Definition of Botox in:
- The British & World English dictionary