Definition of Brylcreem in English:
A cream used on men’s hair to give it a smooth, shiny appearance.
- He was horrified by the smoking, the alcohol consumed and the Brylcreem and the winkle-picker shoes they wore.
- As I was making my way through the sea of sequins and Brylcreem, I got an eerie feeling that something bad was about to happen.
- There are also old issues of Reader's Digest which carried advertisements for cigarettes and Brylcreem.
- Example sentences
- The old pavilion glistened flannel-white in the far corner, alongside the always-shaded football stand where only those in trilbies and suits were entitled to sit - with their befrocked ladies and their Brylcreemed sons.
- During the London heatwave of 1949, the Brylcreemed and debonair Derek Aylward was reprimanded by West End producer ‘Binkie’ Beaumont for wearing shorts and an open-necked shirt.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood was based on the familiar legend, though Robin was now a foppish, Brylcreemed matinee idol whose Lincoln greens appeared dry-cleaned despite his living rough in Sherwood Forest.
Words that rhyme with Brylcreemdaydream • mainstream
Definition of Brylcreem in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan