- A phylum of sedentary aquatic invertebrates that comprises the moss animals.More example sentences
- This pattern is typical of most Porifera, Cnidaria, Bryozoa with coronate larvae, colonial Ascidiacea and many polychaetes.
- They are lophophorates, and so are related to the Bryozoa and Phoronida.
- It is important to note here a major difference in morphology affecting regeneration in cheilostomes and cyclostome Bryozoa, such as those described by Ostrovsky.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek bruon 'moss' + zōia 'animals'.
More definitions of BryozoaDefinition of Bryozoa in:
- The British & World English dictionary