- A compact disc used as a read-only optical memory device for a computer system.More example sentences
- These can then be published via standalone CD-ROMs, floppy disks, and screensavers or published in web format.
- A ‘retro’ virus which spreads by floppy disks and CD-ROMs is spreading across Scandinavia.
- The FBI tells us it saved the world by seizing ‘floppy disks, CD-ROMs and other related equipment’.
1980s: acronym from compact disc read-only memory.
More definitions of CD-ROMDefinition of CD-ROM in:
- The British & World English dictionary