Definition of CFL in English:
1Compact fluorescent light (or lamp).
- The compact fluorescent bulb (CFL) has revolutionized people's perceptions of fluorescent light by moving away from awkward tube fixtures and glare-prone light.
- Although a CFL bulb may cost $10 and an incandescent bulb only 75 cents, consumers who leave their lights on for four hours a day will realize a $5.85 savings after the second year.
- After 122 years, Thomas Edison's incandescent electric lightbulb is yielding to a more energy-efficient bulb: the compact fluorescent light (CFL).
2Canadian Football League.
- CFL talent has increased his appreciation for the Canadian sport.
- The Alouettes are attempting to become just the second team in CFL history to finish with a perfect record.
- The CFL and NFL have the same rule, giving major penalties (15 yards) for needlessly attacking the kicker within a five-yard radius.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.