- A powerful form of tear gas used particularly in the control of riots.More example sentences
- Twenty-four police officers in riot gear using CS gas, five of them injured, nineteen people arrested, three pubs closed, traffic backed up for miles.
- All forces now have similar units (under various names), trained in riot control, use of firearms and sometimes CS gas.
- Teachers were so concerned that they called police and at one point an officer was forced to threaten to use CS gas to disperse the crowd.
1960s: from the initials of Ben B. Corson (born 1896) and Roger W. Stoughton (1906–57), the American chemists who discovered the properties of the chemical in 1928.
More definitions of CS gasDefinition of CS gas in:
- The British & World English dictionary