Definition of Canada goose in English:
A common North American goose with a black head and neck, a white chinstrap, and a loud, trumpeting call.
- Branta canadensis, family Anatidae
- Often only one or two young survive locally following predation by crows and competition with Canada geese and grey-lag geese.
- Its skies were often darkened by blizzards of snow geese and immense flocks of great blue herons, swans, diving ducks, terns, pintails, mallards, Canada geese, osprey, bald eagles and more.
- The usual suspects were there, but I'm not inclined to go out of my way to see mallards, Canada geese, robins, and red-wings.
Definition of Canada goose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.