adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Caribbean.More example sentences
- Unlike many Caribbean islands, it has no backpackers' beach huts or village B&Bs.
- If the bids were rigged, then other countries could get redress in a Caribbean court.
- For Caribbean music lovers, this May could be both the best and the worst of months.
There are two possible pronunciations of the word Caribbean, and both are used widely and acceptably in the US. In the Caribbean itself, the preferred pronunciation puts the stress on the -rib-. In Britain, speakers more often put the stress on the -be-, although in recent years, the other pronunciation has gained ground in Britain as the more ‘up-to-date’ and, to some, the more ‘correct’ pronunciation.
More definitions of CaribbeanDefinition of Caribbean in:
- The British & World English dictionary