- Fine, hard white or mottled soap made with olive oil and sodium hydroxide.More example sentences
- Often based on pure Castile soap, natural shampoos are usually combined with high-quality herbs and plant oils that leave your hair and scalp healthier.
- Because of its mildness, Castile soap became the soap of choice for babies and those with sensitive skin.
- Our soaps are made using a traditional Castile soap formula from the 19th century.
late Middle English: named after Castile in Spain, where it was originally made.
More definitions of Castile soapDefinition of Castile soap in:
- The British & World English dictionary