Definition of Central time in English:
The standard time in a zone that includes the central states of the US and parts of central Canada, specifically.
- ● (Central Standard Time abbreviation: CST) Standard time based on the mean solar time at longitude 90° W, six hours behind GMT. ● (Central Daylight Time abbreviation: CDT) Central time during daylight saving, five hours behind GMT.
- Since my body was still operating on Eastern Standard time, even though I was in the Central time zone, I told her to go ahead and ready the room for nighttime.
- This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.
- Indiana, which dubs itself the ‘crossroads of America,’ is surrounded by four states that are divided between the Eastern and Central time zones.
Definition of Central time in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan