noun (plural same)
- One of a breed of large white beef cattle.More example sentences
- Other Cattle Breeds on show include Herefords, Simmentals, Charolais, Aberdeen Angus, Blonde D' Aquitaine, and Limousin.
- The Charolais and Simmental cattle on sale on Tuesday were of good quality.
- The Charolais breed of cattle since their introduction to Ireland in 1964 have made a huge impact on the livestock in this country.
late 19th century: named after the Monts du Charollais, hills in eastern France where the breed originated.
More definitions of CharolaisDefinition of Charolais in:
- The British & World English dictionary