adjective & noun
- former term for Abbevillian.More example sentences
- The most ancient stages are the so-called Chellean, followed by the Acheulean and then the Mousterian.
- This article will take up the Eolith display, and the Pre-Chellean, Chellean, and Acheulian periods.
- Thus the evidence points clearly to the Chellean or Lower Tyrrhenian age.
late 19th century: from French Chelléen, from Chelles, near Paris, where tools from this period were discovered.
More definitions of ChelleanDefinition of Chellean in:
- The British & World English dictionary