- former term for Testudines.More example sentences
- The Norian age was remarkable for the appearance of the Chelonia which seem to have emerged out of nowhere.
- Six extinct genera, as well as the extant genera Caretta and Chelonia, date from the Upper Cretaceous of Europe and North America.
- More pages on Chelonia are planned for the near future.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek khelōnē 'tortoise'.
More definitions of CheloniaDefinition of Chelonia in:
- The British & World English dictionary