Definition of Cherokee rose in English:
A climbing rose with fragrant white flowers, native to China and naturalized in the southern US.
- Rosa laevigata, family Rosaceae
- Named after the Cherokee roses that framed the property in the late 1800s, it is steeped in history.
- Having long ago naturalized in the area, the Cherokee rose was selected as the state flower of Georgia.
- How does a plant from China obtain a name like Cherokee rose and become the state flower of Georgia?
Definition of Cherokee rose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan