A climbing rose with fragrant white flowers, native to China and naturalized in the southern US.
- Rosa laevigata, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- Named after the Cherokee roses that framed the property in the late 1800s, it is steeped in history.
- Having long ago naturalized in the area, the Cherokee rose was selected as the state flower of Georgia.
- How does a plant from China obtain a name like Cherokee rose and become the state flower of Georgia?
Definition of Cherokee rose in:
- The British & World English dictionary