- An Asian relative of chives, with a garliclike flavor. Also called garlic chives.
More example sentences
- Allium tuberosum, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- Also known as Chinese chives or gow choy, garlic chives are native to eastern Asia and are as hardy and easy to grow as regular chives.
- Although I'm not a huge scallop fan, I was very partial to the wok-fried scallops with Chinese chives in a light garlic sauce.
- In the Shaanxi snack counter, the various dumplings jiaozi look appetizing with their plump stuffings of Chinese chives, cabbage, celery or mutton.