- An evergreen fern with dark green leathery fronds that grow in circular clumps from a central rootstock.
More example sentences
- Polystichum acrostichoides, family Polypodiaceae
- Behind the birch I add Christmas fern, which is evergreen and adds a nice texture in front of the stone wall.
- Higher up there's dense green vegetation: tough para grass, mountain cactus, wild star apple, clusters of tree ferns and Christmas ferns.
- I am at a loss to explain why ferns haven't made a bigger splash in the American landscape, and more specifically our Christmas fern, Polystichum acrostichoides.