- 1Of, relating to, or denoting a Lower Paleolithic culture represented by flint implements found at Clacton-on-Sea in southeastern England, dated to about 250,000–200,000 years ago.More example sentences
- It suggests that the Clactonian and Acheulian stone-tool assemblages were in fact contemporary.
- Riverside sites like that at Swanscombe seem to have been especially favoured by these early Clactonian people.
- The stone tools of the Clactonian culture were quite unlike the handaxes that were supposed to be typical of the early Palaeolithic.
More definitions of ClactonianDefinition of Clactonian in:
- The British & World English dictionary