Definition of Comsat in English:
1The Communications Satellite Corporation, a private corporation authorized by Congress to develop commercial communications satellite systems.
- In 1962 Congress passed the Communications Satellite Act, which led to the formation in 1963 of the Communications Satellite Corporation (Comsat).
- In 1965, Comsat launched the first commercial communications satellite.
- Comsat dispatched several key people, along with U.S. State Department officials, to a dozen nations interested in the communications satellite market.
1.1 (comsat) informal A communications satellite.
- And one of them that everyone who had access to SCI material or Comsat material would have to take a polygraph.
- Detachment 3 provides enhanced intelligence support to Air Force operational commanders and other consumers of COMSAT information collected by Navy- commanded field stations.
- Since then, the number of Comsats has settled into the 20-23 range.
Definition of Comsat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia