Definition of Comsat in English:
1The Communications Satellite Corporation, a private corporation authorized by Congress to develop commercial communications satellite systems.
- In 1962 Congress passed the Communications Satellite Act, which led to the formation in 1963 of the Communications Satellite Corporation (Comsat).
- In 1965, Comsat launched the first commercial communications satellite.
- Comsat dispatched several key people, along with U.S. State Department officials, to a dozen nations interested in the communications satellite market.
1.1 (comsat) informal A communications satellite.
- And one of them that everyone who had access to SCI material or Comsat material would have to take a polygraph.
- Detachment 3 provides enhanced intelligence support to Air Force operational commanders and other consumers of COMSAT information collected by Navy- commanded field stations.
- Since then, the number of Comsats has settled into the 20-23 range.
Definition of Comsat in:
- British & World English dictionary