- A form of prayer confessing sins, used in the Roman Catholic Mass and some other sacraments.More example sentences
- Many have the sense that if there is still such a thing as sin, it is not too serious, and feeling sad about one's sins, particularly during the Confiteor at Mass, is sufficient for forgiveness.
- The Confiteor or ‘I confess’ shown above is a prayer from the Catholic Latin Mass.
- Most are borrowed from pre-existing works of his own; indeed the only ‘original’ section was the ‘Confiteor’ from the Credo.
Middle English: Latin, literally 'I confess', from the formula Confiteor Deo Omnipotenti 'I confess to Almighty God'.
More definitions of ConfiteorDefinition of Confiteor in:
- The British & World English dictionary