- Of or relating to Confucius or Confucianism.More example sentences
- This assertion denies the history of Buddhist entry into Japan, in which Shinto gods were honored as bodhisattvas and Taoist and Confucian values were prized.
- To praise the emperor who burned the Confucian books and buried Confucian scholars alive was the equivalent in China of praising King Herod who massacred the innocents.
- These are designed to rebalance the cosmos in much the same way as the Emperor rebalanced the cosmos in the strange mixture of Shamanic and Confucian rituals at the solstices at the temples of Heaven and Earth.
nounBack to top
- An adherent of Confucianism.More example sentences
- The idea came from Buddhism rather than Confucianism, but for Confucians it implied no other-worldly quietism.
- Most of the Chinese are Buddhists, Confucians, or Taoists and a few are Christians.
- A smattering of noodle shops leads into an Asian quarter thick with Buddhists, Shintoists and Confucians.
More definitions of ConfucianDefinition of Confucian in:
- The British & World English dictionary