Definition of Confucianism in English:
A system of philosophical and ethical teachings founded by Confucius and developed by Mencius.
- So I looked at all Eastern philosophies, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, and I found that Buddhism has a very strong element of that.
- Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.
- And that's the fundamental teaching of Confucianism, and that as I say, has had a very strong influence in Korea.
Confucianist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Some Confucianists asserted that Confucianism was anti-mercantile.
- There are small numbers of animists, Confucianists, Taoists, Mahayana Buddhists, and Hindus.
- It is a well-known fact that Confucianism is still highly respected in South Korea, Confucianist values still play a large role in the daily life of South Koreans.
Definition of Confucianism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan