- A river that rises in the Black Forest in southwestern Germany and flows for about 1,770 miles (2,850 km) into the Black Sea. It is the second longest river in Europe (after the Volga); the cities of Vienna, Budapest, and Belgrade are situated on its banks. German name Donau1.
- More example sentences
- It is the story of the lives and fortunes of the ethnically mixed (Roma and Bulgarian) Romiteli youth football team, aged between 15-16 years, from the Danubian town of Lom in northwestern Bulgaria.
- The most serious problems facing the two countries have to do with transport, including Danubian navigation, and border crossing.
- The French firm is also expected to use the cheap river transport on the Danube to supply many of its customers, which are also Danubian countries.
More definitions of DanubeDefinition of Danube in:
- The British & World English dictionary