Definition of Doctor of Philosophy in English:
1A doctorate in any discipline except medicine, or sometimes theology.
- For one, we do not require our faculty to have a PhD or even a masters degree.
- Originally obtaining a natural sciences degree Gordon went on to obtain a PhD before turning to medicine.
- Parveen got a Doctor of Philosophy in Medicinal Chemistry from the Regional Engineering College, Tiruchi.
1.1A person holding a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
- Besides there is a large concentration of PhDs and masters degree holders.
- With all the Law degrees and PhDs on the documentary subcommittee, one would think the slightest degree of fair and original thinking might shine through.
- Meteorologists and PhDs in math and economics helped analyze and model the vast amounts of data that Enron used in its trading operations.
Definition of Doctor of Philosophy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India