- A pharmacological test in which a substance is introduced into the eye or applied to the skin of a laboratory animal in order to ascertain the likely effect of that substance on the corresponding human tissue.More example sentences
- This is an in vitro (test-tube) method that uses a vegetable protein from the Jack bean that is similar to the cornea of the human eye, eliminating the need to use the Draize test on animals.
- Chlorioallantioc Membrane Vascular Assay - CAMVA for short, this test replaces the Draize test by using 10-day-old eggs (older eggs are considered to be live animals).
- In the Draize test, potentially toxic substances are applied directly to conscious rabbits' eyes until they are massively damaged.
1970s: named after John H. Draize (1900–92), the American pharmacologist who helped to develop this type of test.
More definitions of Draize testDefinition of Draize test in:
- The British & World English dictionary