- A sweet Scotch whiskey liqueur.More example sentences
- A liqueur whisky such as Drambuie is excellent for a hot toddy - its natural sweetness delivers a more harmonious palate, and there's no need to add sugar.
- If you want to make store-bought mincemeat more special, tip the contents of a jar into a bowl and add some grated apple, orange or lemon zest, chopped almonds or hazelnuts - and, of course, a good slug of brandy, whisky or Drambuie.
- Many liqueurs, however, are made with a specific spirit, such as Scotch in Drambuie, Cognac in Grand Marrier or Irish Whiskey in Baileys.
from Scottish Gaelic dram buidheach 'satisfying drink'.
More definitions of DrambuieDefinition of Drambuie in:
- The British & World English dictionary