- A severe form of muscular dystrophy caused by a genetic defect and usually affecting boys.More example sentences
- The work is promising for possible treatments of diseases such as Duchenne muscular dystrophy, but the authors say a lot of work is needed to improve the efficiency of the muscle generating process.
- Scientists here will study gene and stem cell therapies to treat muscle disease, in particular Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- In cases of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, symptoms usually begin to appear around age 5, as the pelvic muscles begin to weaken.
late 19th century: named after G. B. A. Duchenne (1806–75), the French neurologist who first described it.
More definitions of Duchenne muscular dystrophyDefinition of Duchenne muscular dystrophy in:
- The British & World English dictionary