Definition of Dutchman's pipe in English:
A vigorous climbing vine with hooked tubular flowers, native to eastern North America.
- Aristolochia durior, family Aristolochiaceae
- And many annual vines - Dutchman's pipe, morning glories, moonflower, sweet peas, nasturtiums - grown by our grandparents hold appeal as heirlooms.
- For example, heat generation has turned up in certain plants of these ancient lineages of flowering plants: the magnolias, Dutchman's pipes, star anises, custard apples, and water lilies.
- Natural climbers such as clematis, Dutchman's pipe, and kiwi vines only need to be redirected as required.
Definition of Dutchman's pipe in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan