- The extinct eastern group of Germanic languages, including Gothic.More example sentences
- East Germanic is represented only by Gothic, which ceased to be spoken in the 16c.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the East Germanic group of languages.More example sentences
- Around the time of Christ, though, many East Germanic peoples lived on the coast of the Baltic Sea in what are now eastern Germany and Poland.
More definitions of East GermanicDefinition of East Germanic in:
- The British & World English dictionary