Definition of Easter egg in English:
1A hard-boiled egg that is dyed and often decorated as part of the Easter celebration.
- As it turns out, there were two posters in 2001: one features Faberge's Imperial Renaissance Easter egg, the other a Russian quartz specimen.
- Go Easter egg hunting and decorate your own Easter egg from 9am.
- My four-year-old daughter barely looks up from painting an Easter egg and explains to her cousin, ‘They don't agree with the bosses of the countries.’
1.1An artificial egg, typically chocolate, given at Easter, especially to children.
- The chocolatier and confectioner spent long hours creating an enormous Easter egg, weighing in at 25 kgs of plain chocolate.
- The Mayor and her children are all partial to a good tasting chocolate Easter egg.
- As we wipe away the smudges of the last chocolate Easter egg, a pang of guilt associated with overindulgence might raise its head.
2An unexpected or undocumented feature in a piece of computer software or on a DVD, included as a joke or a bonus.
- The best thing about the game was finding the Easter egg.
- Also captivating are the various Easter eggs spread throughout the disc.
- Finally, there is a really funny Easter egg located in the upper right corner of the main menu.
Definition of Easter egg in:
- British & World English dictionary