- Old-fashioned term for the Oedipus complex as manifested in young girls.More example sentences
- Moreover, Glen's mother suffered from an Electra complex that ranged from extreme love, to extreme hatred, of her own father.
- This wacky Canadian, who both wrote and directed this lurid spin on the Electra complex, cast his daughter in the lead role.
- Her desire to get her father's attention with lipstick is characteristic of the Electra complex she has for him.
early 20th century: named after Electra.
More definitions of Electra complexDefinition of Electra complex in:
- The British & World English dictionary